The Administrative Assistant for the Cur-Ed department at Krasl Art Center provides critical support to the daily operations and programmatic initiatives of the combined Curatorial and Education departments. This new position reports directly to the Deputy Director and is front facing, providing excellent visitor experiences, managing guest services staff and volunteers, and supporting all studio and gallery programs, including volunteer-led tours. Excellent communications and time management, a positive attitude and administrative aptitude are key skills required of this position.
Krasl Art Center’s mission is to inspire meaningful change and strengthen community through the visual arts. Staff members provide excellence, collaboration, innovation, creativity, respect, and a sense of humor to advance the organization and accomplish this work.
This position requires excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic, flexibility, adaptability and teamwork. Respect for artists, artworks, faculty and volunteers is expected.
● Excellent communications, written and verbal
● Positive attitude
● Ability to take direction
● Working both collaboratively and independently
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite and Social Media platforms
● An interest and background in the arts or hospitality preferred
Exhibitions and Education (Cur-Ed)
● Provide daily administrative support to the Cur-Ed department.
● Coordinate all tour programs, including tracking docent availability, scheduling tours, assigning docents, updating internal calendars, and reporting upcoming tours to pertinent staff.
● Participate in regular team meetings to review upcoming events, programs and curriculum.
● Actively implement proper education procedures and protocols and be aware of faculty expectations.
● Manage front of house scheduling and training for guest services staff and volunteers.
● Provide exemplary experiences to KAC visitors, including greeting guests, sales (including merchandise, registrations, ticketed and membership sales), and gallery oversight.
● Manage, update and implement guest services procedures and policies.
● Ensure front of house operations meet organizational standards.
● Stay informed of KAC programs and events and, in turn, inform guest services staff and volunteers.
● Keep abreast of best practices in museum guest services.
● Respond to departmental inquiries (emails and phone calls), managing class registrations, administering group emails, class rosters, class evaluations and surveys, and editing written documents.
● Provide regular communications to faculty, docents, students and staff and maintain mailing lists.
● Update web and social media content.
● Communicate volunteer needs to appropriate staff.
● Collect and compile guest services and program information for reporting purposes.
● Upload class schedules to database registration system.
● Process Class Registrations.
● Create and maintain enrollment roster.
● Prepare sign-in rosters for the day’s evening classes and the next day’s morning classes.
● Coordinate distribution of promotional materials.
● Process credit card payments and prepare paperwork for deposit to Office Manager.
● Record amount and type of remittances and write receipts.
● Use computer terminal to enter or retrieve information.
● Perform incidental typing of routine and simple material (e.g., labels, letters, folders, envelopes).
● May operate various equipment (e.g., copy machine, calculator, typewriter, computer terminal) requiring no special knowledge or previous training.
● Perform related duties as assigned.
● Additional responsibilities as assigned.
To apply: Submit letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Include last name and GuestServices in the subject line (e.g., Willis GuestServices). No phone calls please. This position will be filled in October 2018.
Krasl Art Center is an equal opportunity employer that supports and subscribes to a policy of nondiscrimination in all aspects of employment. KAC will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, weight, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law in any terms, conditions, or privileges of employment.
It is KAC’s intention to provide a safe and pleasant environment in which to work. Therefore, each employee is responsible for ensuring Equal Employment Opportunity by treating all co-workers, guests, students and volunteers fairly and equally and by fostering a spirit of cooperation and good human relations in a working atmosphere free of prejudice, ill feelings or resentment.
Individuals who may require special accommodations to perform their job function(s) must notify the Executive Director, in writing, of the need for accommodation.
Posted on the MMA website 10/16.