Compensation: $1000 stipend upon completion of internship
Reports to: Development and Communications Manager
Responsible for supporting the development and marketing at the Holland Museum, the internship will split their time learning best practices of each role. The intern will research potential grant opportunities, work to expand our membership base, send weekly e-newsletter communications, and be responsible for curating and managing the Museum’s social media. This is a unique opportunity for an intern to get hands on experience working in fundraising and marketing for nonprofits.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities- Perform grant research process
-Gain experience in social media, print design, web content editing, fund development and project management
- Maintain confidentiality
- Maintain a professional demeanor, including during training sessions and with other staff and volunteers.
- Perform a variety of other administrative and clerical functions in support of the department’s mission including: assisting with correspondence, coordinating mass mailings and data entry.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
- Act as part of a Summer Intern Council that will tackle issues of cultural importance for the community that the Museum serves. The Council will be guided by the Museum staff to complete a project that will develop leadership and communication skills. Responsibilities include:
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required. BA/BS in a related field preferred. One to three years’ experience working in customer service or communications.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding that this is a virtual position with some in-person meetings
15-20 hours per week, May through August.
This is a grant supported internship with a $1,000 stipend.
Submit cover letter, resume, and social media post example/way to demonstrate understanding of social media to Katie Baker, Development and Communications Manager, at email@example.com.
Posted on 3/19/2021