BACKGROUND Holland Historical Trust is an American Association of Museums accredited collection-based and historic institution. Founded in 1937, the Holland Historical Trust operates four historic properties located within a three-block radius.
The Holland Historical Trust’s collections include 5,500 linear feet of historic documents, books, images and maps from the mid-1600s through the present, and 30,000 artifacts. If offers a robust variety of onsite and off-site educational programs for children and adults. The Executive Director is employed by and reports to the board of the Holland Historical Trust. They are responsible to hire and manage all staff. The current staff includes five full-time and six part-time employees, who are supported by an active corps of over 100 volunteers.
RESPONSIBILITIES. The Executive Director will provide leadership in preserving and promoting the area’s heritage including both the unique contributions of the Dutch settlers and the important stories of other resident and immigrant groups. They will become an integral part of the community’s cultural and educational life by forging mutually rewarding partnerships with community organizations of all sectors. The Executive Director will be charged with advancing the existing strategic plan and initiatives using a collaborative and entrepreneurial approach.
1. Strengthen the Holland Historic Trust’s infrastructure, governance and management systems in preparation for future growth.
2. Ensure the longevity of the Holland Historical Trust for the community by securing stable and diverse income sources that will provide reliable, sustainable funding. Develop and secure financial resources needed to ensure the future by working with board and staff to:
3. Enhance the visitor experience by developing new permanent exhibits based on the new vision and expand and diversify exhibition and program offerings to better serve our community, both in the Trust’s facilities and through outreach Work with staff to:
4. Ensure the Holland Historical Trust’s historic resources, collections, and archives are representative of and accessible to the community.
5. Enhance the image and understanding of the Trust in the community, region and beyond. • Serve as the media spokesperson for the Holland Historical Trust.
QUALIFICATIONS The successful candidate will have:
Competitive salary and benefits package including employee health insurance, paid time off and professional development.
The Holland Historical Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE Please submit a cover letter, resume and references to:
Holland Historical Trust Human Resources Department 31 West 10th Street Holland, MI 49423
Posted on the MMA website 5/8.