Full-Time Position: 40 hours/week (with some weekend/evening hours)
Salary: $11.00 - $12.00/hour
Anticipated Start Date: October/November 2019
Reports to: Alyssa Carman, Operations Supervisor
Hiring Manager: Micaela Balzer, Director of Innovation & Learning
The First Impression Room Innovator is responsible for leading the First Impression Room, a space for early learners birth to four years old, including creating dynamic science-based experiences for young children as well as activating and managing the room.
This list is not all-inclusive; duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or modified at any time.1. Oversee daily operations of the First Impression Room, including opening and closing procedures
2. Coordinate a plan for the rotation of educational toys, books, resources, and general maintenance of the room
3. Engage visitors in the First Impression Room, primarily focusing on caregiver interactions and guiding visitors to have a successful and positive visit
4. Innovate and deliver activities for the young child audience within First Impression Room
5. Determine the effectiveness of exhibit components and recommend changes to assure exhibit space maintains its value and meets the needs of our visitors—supporting evaluations of the space
6. Train staff and volunteers who help deliver young child programs and staff the room
7. Oversee and manage supply inventory specific to the First Impression Room
8. Support Science Center operations team by serving guests in the exhibit area, guest services, and science store and delivering workshops, as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
This position requires the ability to move throughout the office and Science Center, as well as transport boxes, tables, and chairs for event setup. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, if necessary, for individuals with disabilities who can perform the essential job functions of the position.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and completed application (available at impression5.org) to Alyssa Carman at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 27. Contact Alyssa by phone at (517) 485-8116, ext. 146, with any additional questions.
Notice: A criminal background check is performed for all individuals who are employed or volunteer at Impression 5 Science Center. Unsatisfactory results of the background check will disqualify applicants from further consideration.
Posted on 9/30/2019