WAGE RANGE: $18.56-$24.13 (Part Time, Hourly, Non-exempt)
REPORTS TO: Hamburg Township Historical Society
Provide leadership, strategy and management of all aspects of the Museum. The Administrator will interface with the Hamburg Township Historical Society to develop new and existing exhibits, educational programs, development of grants and other funding sources. Operates the day to day operations of the Museum.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:1. Provide leadership, strategy and management in all operational aspects of the Museum.
2. Plan, monitor and analyze daily performance of the Museum, recommending and implementing solutions for improvement.
3. Provide coverage of Museum during open hours and provide exceptional customer service to all visitors.
4. Build a volunteer base to help with Museum activities.
5. Work with Tea Room Director and Basement Treasures Director to insure both continue to be effective income sources.
6. Assist in the development of funding sources, including donations, endowments, memberships, and fund-raising events.
7. Proficient in grant development and solicitation.
8. Work with Marketing Director to oversee website, newsletter, advertising and community outreach.
9. Develop and oversee Museum educational programs.
10. Oversee the accessioning and archive processes, including developing written standards and procedures.
11. Plan and oversee new and changes to existing exhibits. Provide written description to Historical Society Board for approval.
12. Prepare a monthly written report detailing all Museum activities, plans, suggestions and issues to be presented to the Historical Society Board of Directors. Attendance at the monthly Board meeting is required.
13. All other duties as assigned.
While performing this job, individual will be required to sit, stand and walk. Able to use stairs to access Museum storage on second floor and Basement Treasures in basement. Able to lift and carry items up to 20 pounds. Will be required to do close work with a computer monitor. Must be comfortable interacting with Museum visitors, staff and volunteers.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified.For more information or to apply, contact:
Hamburg Township Historical Society
7225 Stone St. PO Box 272
Hamburg, MI 48139
Posted on 2/10/2020