Full-Time/Temporary Position: 35-40 hours
Anticipated Start Date: May 2020
Supervising Manager: Toni Daymon, Program Manager
Hiring Manager: Micaela Balzer, Director of Innovation & Learning
Position Description: Leads and delivers our L.A.B.S. camp program and supports opportunities in the main exploration area, delivers workshops, and outreaches.
Position Responsibilities1. Facilitates the Play, Create, Challenge vision with L.A.B.S. campers.
2. Delivers science curriculum in camp settings to children ages 3 to 14 that is hands-on, dynamic, and
3. Acts as an individual directly responsible for the care of children attending camp.
4. Supports all operations of L.A.B.S. camp program including before/after care, lunch, and outdoor play.
5. Delivers science workshops to guests in varied group dynamics.
6. Facilitates science experiences in community outreaches.
7. Creates positive opportunities for guests that are science-focused and social.
8. Maintains a high level of customer service while assisting guests in the Exploration Area and while
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge and skills typically acquired through experience and coursework in informal education with
This position requires the ability to move throughout the office and Science Center, facilitate a classroom, transport supplies, tables, and chairs, operate a computer, and operate a motor vehicle (must have a valid driver’s license and suitable driving record).
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and completed application (available at impression5.org) to Micaela Balzer at email@example.com by April 30. Contact Micaela by phone at (517) 485-8116, ext. 144, with any additional questions.
Notice: A criminal background check is performed for all individuals who are employed or volunteer at Impression 5 Science Center. Unsatisfactory results of the background check will disqualify applicants from further consideration
Posted on 2/20/2020