Outreach Assistant and Interpretive Staff Member - Lakeshore Museum Center (2/15/19)
Department: Programs and Collections-Museum Center
Pay Rate: $10/hr Reports to: Program Manager-Museum Center
Hours and Schedule: 20 hours per week. Weekdays, some evenings, and Saturdays.
1. Must be 18 or older.
2. Must have valid driver’s license and own a car.
3. Must be able to lift 30-40 lbs.
4. Must be able to stand for 4-5 hours at a time.
5. Should have public speaking experience, as well as experience working with children.
6. A degree in education, history, a science field, or similar work experience a plus.
1. Present Science and Michigan History programing in school classrooms to children in grades PreK through 6th. Training will be provided and mileage reimbursed.
2. Staff STEM Lab and/or Science Center as assigned. Help with tasks and special programs for the Museum Center Programming Department.
3. Responsible for opening and closing the Museum Center on Saturdays as scheduled, and leadSaturday family activities.
4. Conduct surveys, present pop-up programs, or lead gallery tours as assigned.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to Jackie Huss at Jackie@lakeshoremuseum.org or via mail to Lakeshore Museum Center, Attn: Jackie Huss, 430 W. Clay Ave, Muskegon, MI 49440 no later than February 15, 2019.
Posted on the MMA website 1/14/19