Part-Time Position: Approximately 24-30 hours/week (with some weekend/evening hours)
Salary: $9.50 - $11.00/hour
Anticipated Start Date: October/November 2019
Reports to: Lisa Stelzner, Operations Supervisor
Hiring Manager: Micaela Balzer, Director of Innovation & Learning
The Retail Aide assists in Impression 5 Science Center’s store and guest services area, ensuring both spaces are clean and well organized. The Retail Aide supports pricing, merchandising, and other related store initiatives.
This list is not all-inclusive; duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or modified at any time.1. Maintain a high level of customer service at guest services and retail area
2. Ensure a clean, stocked, and secure store and storage area at all times
3. Process store merchandise, including checking stock in and pricing, storing, and merchandising all items
4. Follow all cash-handling procedures correctly and accurately, including assisting in daily opening and closing cash register procedures
5. Assist and support the year-end physical inventory count for the store, including coordinating staff and volunteers who are assigned to help
6. Work with Accounting Supervisor to identify and problem solve any issues in the point-of-sale system
7. Oversee the broken inventory process and ensure merchandise is accounted for per our policy
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability and proficient skill using a cash register, credit card terminal, 10-key adding machine, and computer with Windows-based software (word processing and spreadsheets) required
This position requires the ability to move throughout the office and Science Center, as well as transport boxes, tables, and chairs for event setup. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, if necessary, for individuals with disabilities who can perform the essential job functions of the position.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and completed application (available at impression5.org) to Lisa Stelzner at email@example.com by October 27. Contact Lisa by phone at (517) 485-8116, ext. 145, with any additional questions.
Notice: A criminal background check is performed for all individuals who are employed or volunteer at Impression 5 Science Center. Unsatisfactory results of the background check will disqualify applicants from further consideration.
Posted on 9/30/2019