Employee Status: Part time, $10.00/ hour, Weekend availability required
The American Museum of Magic is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization located in downtown Marshall, Michigan. It’s mission is to to inspire and delight the public with the wonder of magic by documenting and celebrating the contributions and lives of magicians. The museum is seeking a outgoing and reliable individual to serve as a weekend Visitor Service Representative. This is a part time position with an estimated 11-17 hours. The right candidate can choose from either a Friday/Saturday weekly schedule or a Saturday/Sunday weekly schedule. The museum is open to the public April through mid December. After this, the museum will be open for tour groups, special events, and on select Saturdays.
● Reliably opens and closes the museum on assigned days. Operates the visitor services desk and serves as the first point of contact for museum visitors.
● Processes admission tickets sales, store sales, membership fees, and other payments.
● Provides general information about the museum, exhibits, and upcoming events.
● Assists the Director in administrative tasks such as entering visitor emails and proofreading communications.
● Provides support for internal events such as annual fundraisers.
● Helps to maintain a clean museum environment with light maintenance such as dusting and sweeping.
● Must be willing to learn how to lead a short tour of the museum. No experience with magic history necessary!
● Has a high school diploma or GED and at least one year of experience in customer service.
● Especially enjoys working with the public, meeting new people, and working with volunteers.
● Has a basic knowledge of customer service best practices and possesses good communication skills and knowledge of professional etiquette.
● Proficient in using email, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume with references to Sara Schultz at email@example.com. We are seeking to hire as soon as possible.
Posted on the MMA website 3/11/2019